Tuesday, October 7, 2008

NY or Bust - Jodi's Birthday Weekend in the Big City








Well me, Jodi, Heather and Pat headed off to the Big Apple on Friday morning to celebrate Jodi's Birthday. Our only plan was to stay up the entire time and see all we could see (we were flying home Sunday). We arrived Friday, checked in to our hotel and left immediately...a little claustrophobic for all of us. Our first real venture was the Empire State Building! Boy, how I just love heights! Needless to say it was cold up there, but beautiful views and an experience to remember forever. Then off to find a tattoo parlor, which did not become of much. Then off to Little Italy for dinner. We met some lovely locals , and all of the girls got to know each other really well. Saturday morning Jodi and I woke up early and walked/jogged for 3 hours and had no idea we were gone that long! We enjoyed Central Park and the hill covered with poop (inside joke). And yes, it was REALLY cold, and I was REALLY sick, but due to my undying love for Jodi I persevered for her birthday and kept going! Back to the hotel for a day of shopping and sight seeing.....then to the hotel to return bags, we stumbled across our biggest and best encounter of all.....something that NEVER happens....happened for Jodi on her birthday. I have attached links so please check them out! We all got to see Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie, but Jodi got to actually touch and speak to both of them and get their autographs! Jodi and Angelina have even set up a play date for their children! I am sure I have left out some exciting event from the weekend, but with such good people and such a nice time, there is not enough time or space to write about it all....THANKS GIRLS!!! Just remember, my birthday is next month,,,who will it be then? Lance Armstrong?


P.S. links attached show my friend Pat (on the left) and Jodi (on the right) photos have been added to show you who to look for in attached links
P.S.S. Angelina and Brad were there for the premiere of the movie Changeling in case you wanted to search for more photos of my famous friends (I am in the photos too, you just can't see me!)
CLICK ON THE BLANK PHOTO BOXES AND THAT WILL DIRECT YOU TO YOU TUBE VIDEOS AND PROFESSIONAL PHOTOS TAKEN AT THE PREMIERE

1 comment:

Heather said...

I will work on downloading pics on my days off before I go out of town for the wedding...

FYI - I still think I love our "story" of meeting Brad & Angelina better :)

Heather~